Long weekends, like Presidents Day, are traditionally big ski weekends. Not only do the holidays guarantee you an extra day on the slopes, but it’s also when the season is in high gear and when Mother Nature starts dropping some of the best snow storms all year. With the long weekend right around the corner, it’s time to start planning!
Without any planning, ski vacations can be costly and nightly rates for hotels and cabin rentals can skyrocket as people rush to the mountains in chase of snow and fresh mountain air. But it is possible to save money on lift tickets. At Liftopia, we provide skiers and boarders the opportunity to save money by buying lift tickets in advance.
Looking at several resort partners in various regions across the country, we learned that there are two easy ways to save money when planning your next ski vacation:
- Buy your lift tickets in advance.
- If you know you will be skiing multiple days, save even more with the advance purchase of a multi-day lift ticket.
Single Day Tickets:
Heading to the slopes for one day only? Don’t pay window price! Here are a few advance purchase deals offered on Liftopia.com right now for Presidents Day weekend:
- 20% savings on Whiteface – Lake Placid one day lift tickets.
- 15% savings on Solitude in Utah one day lift tickets.
- 17% savings on Mount Snow in Vermont one day lift tickets.
Most resorts offer 2 and 3 day tickets, while others offer 2 of 3 day products (2 full days of skiing or riding during a 3 day period). These options are perfect for the upcoming 3-day Presidents day weekend.
- Save up to 33% on Copper Mountain, Colorado 2 day lift tickets
- Jay Peak, Vermont – Save up to 26% when you buy a 3 day lift ticket.
- Buy 2 of 3 day tickets for Whistler Blackcomb, British Columbia and save up to 13% when purchasing at least 3 days in advance.
Purchasing lift tickets before heading to the mountains can help you stay within your ski vacation budget. Whether buying single or multi-day tickets, be sure to buy in advance to receive the best price possible. Now it’s time to take advantage of the extra time off during MLK and Presidents Day weekends and head to your favorite mountain!