Have you ever taken the time to think about how many ski areas you’ve been to in your life? Whether or not you’ve been to more mountains than your friends & family members? Or maybe whether or not you’ve been to more than some Olympians? Here at the Liftopia HQ, we think about these things. A lot. Which is why we decided to create the Where I’ve Skied Challenge last Fall.
The Where I’ve Skied Challenge enabled users to create a gallery of the ski resort logos of all of the places they had been to, share that gallery with their friends, and then see how they stack up compared to other skiers & riders in their networks. As a recap, here’s what we found last Spring:
- The average Where I’ve Skied Challenge user had been to 27 ski areas.
- Last year’s users were from 67+ different countries, the top three being the US, Canada, and UK.
- Killington, Copper Mountain, Snowbird, Arapahoe Basin, Stowe and Park City were among the most visited ski areas.
- The record-holder here at the Liftopia HQ was Rob Webb, our Chief Product Officer. He clocked in at 72 ski areas. The average Liftopia employee had visited 24 ski areas.
- The record-holder for the most ski areas visited was Steve Lee, an Australian alpine skier who competed in the 1984, 1988 and 1992 Winter Olympics. He had been to a staggering 333 ski areas! Jim Read, a former Olympian representing Canada in the 1984 and 1988 Winter Olympics, came in close second with an equally impressive 328 ski areas.
- Other notable athletes, celebs and friends of Liftopia who took the challenge:
- Travis Ganong, 202 ski areas
- Chris Davenport, 175 ski areas
- Seth Wescott, 156 ski areas
- Heather Burke, 124 ski areas
- Cody Townsend, 122 ski areas
- Pep Fujas, 121 ski areas
- Nate Holland, 105 ski areas
- Julien Regnier, 99 ski areas
- Kristi Leskinen, 82 ski areas
- Walter Wood, 81 ski areas
- Alex Deibold, 80 ski areas
- Chris Tatsuno, 74 ski areas
- Corey Vanular, 58 ski areas
- Benji Farrow, 54 ski areas
- Alex Schlopy, 49 ski areas
- Chris Sacca, 47 ski areas
- Angeli Vanlaanen, 46 ski areas
- Joss Christensen, 45 ski areas
- Mike Douglas, 40 ski areas
We were really excited by the number of folks who were into the Where I’ve Skied Challenge, and so we decided to give it a fresh design and some awesome new features over the Summer. It doesn’t matter whether or not you’ve already created your gallery – check out the updates below, and then head on over to the app to take the challenge!