Martha Stewart of the outdoors (minus jail time). Ski lover, freelens photojournalist, pro road tripper,...
Katie Coakley is a freelance writer who covers travel, cuisine, beer and spirits. You'll find her SUPing...
A fifth-generation native of Western Colorado, Kristen Lummis has been skiing almost as long as she’s...
- VIEW ALL
Most PopularMake 2016 Your Best Year Yet: Resolve To Ski &...How to Build the Ultimate Shot Ski5 Reasons to Hit The Slopes On Christmas...Give The Gift Of Ski This Holiday SeasonFive Peak Hikes Near Salt Lake City...
Liftopia on TwitterTweets by @Liftopia
Liftopia on Instagram
- Congrats to Pat U. for winning $500 towards her ski season next year. Thanks everyone for entering - we loved your stories!! 🎿🏂 #ilearnedtoski #ilearnedtosnowboard
- Jessica S. #ilearnedtosnowboard @mammothmountain "My first time ever snowboarding, I went with a bunch of my guy friends who have been going for years. There was no lesson. They just stuck me on top of a mountain and told me 'have fun' as they watched me eat it the second my board hit the snow off the lift. After a few tears and tumbles, I finally made it down the mountain... From the help of a snow mobile. Ever since, I've switched to skiing." #wheredidyoulearn Tell us where you learned to ski or snowboard and you could win $500 (see bio).
- Jonathan (Email Marketing Manager at Liftopia) #ilearnedtoski @squawalpine "I still have a stupid grin on my face when thinking about my first day of skiing - one week ago at Alpine Meadows. At first I was struggling with my wedge (AKA pizza 🍕) and then suddenly everything clicked. I gained confidence in my turns, relaxed into it and allowed myself a bit more speed. And then I heard it... The shushing of skis over snow. It was magical. Intoxicating." #wheredidyoulearn Share where you learned & you could win $500 (See bio).
- Kate (VP of Partner Strategy at Liftopia) #ilearnedtoski @mountsnow (part 2) "I am an eternal 'weekend warrior' traveling from Connecticut to Mount Snow, and now from San Francisco to Tahoe. Some of my closest friendships have been formed at the mountain (and après). I met my husband at @squawalpine, got engaged at @jacksonhole and married at @bigskyresort. Learning to ski has shaped the course of my whole life." #wheredidyoulearn #humansoftheslopes #humansofliftopia Share where you learned for the chance to win $500 towards your 2016-17 season (See bio for details)
- Kate (VP of Partner Strategy at Liftopia) #ilearnedtoski @mountsnow (part 1) "I actually don't remember learning to ski. It has always been a part of who I am and what I do. I was fortunate enough to be born to two avid skiers. I had no choice but to love sliding on snow or I was going to be in trouble as my family spent every weekend in Vermont, skiing at Mount Snow." #wheredidyoulearn #humansoftheslopes #humansofliftopia Share where you learned for the chance to win $500 towards your 2016-17 season (See bio for details)
- Steven N. #ilearnedtosnowboard @mthighsnow "I never could have imagined learning to snowboard on high school weeknights with my friends, especially in LA county. By the end of season one, I was hitting kickers, rails, and boxes on a nightly basis. I will never forget the fun we had." #wheredidyoulearn #humansoftheslopes
- Ted (Partner Strategy Manager at Liftopia) #ilearnedtoski @mountpeter (part 2) "While I learned how to ski, my dad read the newspaper in the base lodge and watched me come down the slopes. I spent most of my days at Mount Peter with my oldest friend, Brian, who I went to preschool with and is in this photo. My favorite memories are driving to go skiing during the Blizzard of '96 and also jumping off a rock on the trail Dynamite and double ejecting every single time."
- Ted (Partner Strategy Manager at Liftopia) #ilearnedtoski @mountpeter "I learned how to ski at the age of 4. The great thing about Mount Peter was that it was only about 45 minutes away from my house in New Jersey, so even though my parents don't downhill ski, my dad didn't mind taking me on the weekends."
- You never forget your first time. It's clumsy, awkward and a little bit sweaty. You're excited and frustrated at the same time, but despite the sore muscles, you can't wait to try it again. Share where you learned to ski or snowboard by tagging a photo of yourself with #ilearnedtoski or #ilearnedtosnowboard. Tag the resort your learned at and show them some love. One lucky winner will win $500 towards their ski season next year!
- Want to win Liftopia shwag? Tell us what you think are the most beautiful mountains on Planet Earth (not best snow, not best grooming - most beautiful) #skiing #snowboarding #eyecandy Photo submitted by James Stratton